Optimal Sound: Who We Are and What We Do
We provide world-class full-service one-stop turnkey audio product development and support.
We literally wrote the book on HD Audio hardware and software development, published by Intel Press: Intel HD Audio for the Digital Home: Proven Techniques for Getting It Right the First Time
- We have a seasoned 5-member audio-focused development team
- We have been developing APOs and control applications since Vista was released in 2006
- We are fluent in APOs, Filter Drivers, Apps and Installers for Windows† 8/8.1 and earlier
- We have a consistent track record of on-time, feature-complete, bug free deliveries
- We are experienced in working closely with IHVs such as Intel†, Realtek†, Cirrus†, and Conexant†
- We have In-depth knowledge of audio system internals
- We have been a Microsoft Partner since 2007, with ISV and OEM Hardware Competencies
- Lync†, Skype†, GoToMeeting† and LogMeIn† for conferencing, screen sharing, and remote debugging
- Source Control using Team Foundation Server with remote access for collaboration
- Client-specific FTP sites
- Test lab with many representative test systems
Comprehensive background in no-latency, real-time audio parameter control
We have a passion for no-latency, glitch-free, real-time parametric control of audio processing, and a rich history of working with UX designers to implement “hardware-quality” user interfaces
Millions of Units Shipped
Optimal Sound-developed solutions have shipped to tens of millions of users worldwide in OEM products from Acer†, Asustek†, Auzentech†, Lenovo†, Sony†, Dell†, HP†, Creative Labs†, Logitech†, Turtle Beach†, and many others.
- Intimate familiarity with most Dolby technologies used on Tablets, Phones, and PCs, including Dolby Headphone†, Dolby ProLogic† II/IIx, Dolby Digital Live†, Dolby Digital Plus†, Dolby Home Theater†, Dolby Advanced Audio† (all trademarks of Dolby Laboratories)
- Implemented DS1PC, PCEE4, and PCEE3 products for Dolby, ncluding all APOs, GUI apps, and installers
- Implemented and tested Dolby ProLogic IIx and Dolby Headphone II offerings for multiple gaming headset vendors, most recently the Turtle Beach Z300 gaming headset for which we handled the project management, the engineering, the Dolby implementation and system testing, and the Microsoft WHQL certification.
- Implemented and tested Dolby Digital Live for soundcards from Creative Labs and Auzentech.
- Intimate familiarity with a number of DTS technologies used on Tablets, Phones, and PCs
- Implemented DTS Neo for both Analog Devices† and Creative Labs†
- Implemented DTS Interactive† for both Analog Devices and Creative Labs
- Implemented DTS Ultra-PC† APO for DTS
- Implemented DTS TrueVoice† Demo of Simultaneous Communications and Speech Recognition for Intel Developer Forum 2011. This demo simulates a living room using speech commands from 6 feet away into a 4-microphone array to control ITunes† and Skype† while loud music is playing . It uses voice commands for both sending and accepting a Skype call while ITunes is playing loudly, and pauses the music during the Skype call.
- Specializing in separate microphone processing for speech recognition and communications. Possible applications include
- Automated Transcription of communications
- Automated Translation of conference call transcript
- Voice-controlled “dial” and “hang-up” of communications calls
Pro Audio Background
We maintain a fully equipped 24+ track recording studio with 7.1 surround sound mixing and monitoring capabilities.